Share (Savings) Accounts
Share Accounts work just like a regular savings account. If you’re already saving with your credit union on a regular basis, you’re already ahead of the game. If not, it’s time to learn how Geismar Complex Federal Credit Union can make a difference for you.
GCFCU is an ideal place to save for the future. We are a not-for-profit financial institution owned by people who save and borrow money at their credit union. The greatest part is that Geismar Complex FCU’s profits are returned to their members in the form of higher dividends on savings, lower rates on loans, and lower fees!
A deposit of $25.00 is all that is required to open a Share Account. A minimum daily balance of $100.01 or more will earn dividends. Dividends are calculated by the Daily Balance Method and are paid quarterly. Members are allowed 1 free withdrawal per month after which a $5.00 fee is charged per withdrawal.
The benefits of having a Share Account with GCFCU are:
- The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a government agency, insures accounts up to $250,000.00.
- Great rates.
- U. S. Postage stamps are available for purchase with no surcharge.
- Free account access through Online Banking.
- Free monthly E-statements.
- Quarterly statements are mailed for those members not receiving E-statements.